I needed something to do over the holidays that didn't involve my sewing machine.
I spent an evening looking for an easy embroidery pattern to try. My embroidery skills are a bit more than limited!
I came across this pattern and decided to give it a go without buying more floss; always a challenge to then get the colours organised! Anyway I finished last week!! The girl helped me pick which colours would go where and she was pleased with her input. It came out looking like this...
Not quite a pattern of fire but I like it. Clearly I chose well as the designer is also co-author of &Stitches. I couldn't resist and have bought the first issue which is really interesting, especially the section on colour selection! Now that I can't confuse myself (don't look at the random red/orange I've put in) and have finished the embroidery I will be giving that a read!