Wednesday 1 February 2012

And Stitches

I needed something to do over the holidays that didn't involve my sewing machine.
I spent an evening looking for an easy embroidery pattern to try.  My embroidery skills are a bit more than limited!


I came across this pattern and decided to give it a go without buying more floss; always a challenge to then get the colours organised!  Anyway I finished last week!!  The girl helped me pick which colours would go where and she was pleased with her input.  It came out looking like this...


My first embroidery


Not quite a pattern of fire but I like it.  Clearly I chose well as the designer is also co-author of &Stitches.  I couldn't resist and have bought the first issue which is really interesting, especially the section on colour selection!  Now that I can't confuse myself (don't look at the random red/orange I've put in) and have finished the embroidery I will be giving that a read!